Greek yoghurt & fruit parfait is a healthy and delicious breakfast to start your day. Parfait is a French-style dessert made by layering whipped creme, ice-cream and fruits. Nowadays in restaurants and cafe, it is served as healthy breakfast by substituting the creme by plain yoghurt or greek style yoghurt. It is easily prepared in minutes by layering the greek yoghurt, fruits and granola in layers in a clear transparent glass cup. The addition of smooth and creamy yoghurt, crunchy granola and the fresh fruits impart different textures, refreshing flavours and taste.
|Greek Yoghurt (vanilla flavour or plain)||4 tablespoon|
|Granola||2 to 3 tablespoon|
|Frozen fruits (berry mix or any other fruit mix)||1 Cup|
|Fresh fruits (Golden melon, pomegranate, banana)||1 cup|
|Fruit juice (optional)||1 to 2 tablespoon|
- In a glass cup or small transparent bowl, take 1/4 th portion of greek yoghurt and place it the bottom portion.
- For the 2nd layer, add 1 tablespoon of granola.
- For the 3rd layer, add frozen fruits (after defrosting). I added frozen blue berry, raspberry and strawberry. You can add any frozen fruit of your choice.
- For the 4 th layer, add fresh fruits. I added banana, golden melon and pomegranate.
- Now repeat the process. Add more layers in the same order until the cup is full.
- Add the fruit juice of your choice and pour it on top. This is optional.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp of yoghurt, fruit mix and sprinkle some granola on top layer to finish.
- Instead of vanilla flavoured greek yoghurt, you can use plain greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt.
- You can prepare different types of parfait by choosing different combination of fruits.